12.16.2010

** .. catching up .. **

Tomorrow is my last day of finals for this semester.  I am currently working on straight A's and that will be the first time in YEARS .. I don't know that I could be more excited or nervous!  The final two exams are hand written, plus I had a paper due tomorrow in each of them as well.  So much writing.  Yet here I am.  I just sat down to check my facebook and decided to post.  Very random for me.  I am sure my grammar is all over the place and to be perfectly honest, I don't even care.

My baby brother, Jack, turns 13 tomorrow.  I posted a blog about him a while back at this link http://kaitididwhat.blogspot.com/2009/06/jack-johnston.html >> (i don't know how people do that 'here' thing and then you can click .. maybe someone could fill me in?!)  It's heartwreching to think about.  I know that he's my brother but we have always been so close, it just makes me sad to think about how much he is growing up.  He is just about my height and weight, with a shoe size bigger than Jasons!  Hopefully he grows into those size 12 feet!  I bought him sweet new shoes for his birthday, that's how I know all of this :)

Alex is home from college for winter break.  I am excited to have her home.  Now we can work together and go shopping and probably go play bingo once or twice!  I don't even want to think about her going back yet!

Jason and I leave for Washington on Christmas day at 8 am.  I am totally dreading being at an airport that early and having to drive to that airport even earlier.  The trip should be fun though.  We are bringing our snowboards, I am SO nervous to snowboard there though!  I am kind of accident prone when it comes to being away from my parents, at least I was when I was younger.  Hoping I am not still like that!

Dad had another seizure last Sunday.  I went to their hosue after work, because I teach gym on Monday mornings.  It's silly to drive back and forth.  Anyway, his eyes were rolling back and kind of bulging, his hands were clammy, his head kept rolling back and forth, his speech was slurred, I decided to take him in.  My mom, Jack and I spent 45 minutes convincing him to let us take him.  He kept trying to hide, which was scary, just becasue of a whole other story (for another time).  Finally we went.  The nurse said he most likely did have a mild seizure and we got the after affects.  They gave him morphine because he had a horrible headache, which he has fairly often, and 3 other shots.  A steroid, something for vommiting and something swelling, his face was getting pretty big.

When we got home he passed out and woke up the next morning feeling better but not sure what had happened the night before.  I told him.  He was bummed.  When we were leaving my mom and Jack went to get the car and dad leaned against the wall and said to me "did she say I had another seizure?" I said, "yes, she did, just a mild one".  Dad hit his head softly on the wall and said "Gosh dangit."  I wanted to cry.

I e-mailed him the next day when I got home from teaching.  I told him that he needs to let us help him.  We can't help if we don't know what is going on.  He may do it subconsciously though, especially when he's having a seizure.  It's just tough, but we will learn to deal.  I am trying to talk him into yoga, he let me lead him in a couple poses last Friday.  Hopefully he agrees to try it again, he said it hurt pretty bad.

Well I need to catch some zzzzz's before tomrrow morning.  Nighty night.

3 comments:

Kesha Thomas said...

I hope you have fun snowboarding! I miss it! I will definitely keep your Dad in my prayers, too. It's sad to see little ones grow up so fast! I was feeling sad about my last baby almost being 18 months old. Where does the time go?

Abra Clampitt said...

sounds like you have a lot going on. :) excited for you to be done with finals soon! and a trip to washington sounds like a blast. although, i have never snowboarded before, so i don't know about that. ;)

i hope your dad lets you guys help him. that sounds pretty scary.

also? to do the link thing- you copy the link you want to go to, then the word like "here" you would highlight and press the chain or link key when you are editing posts and another box should pop up where you would paste your link.

oh my, that just sounds confusing, i don't think i really helped. sorry!

Morgan said...

Wow girly, you sure do have a lot going on. So glad you get a break from school. Hope everything is ok with your dad and he lets you help him. You are such a great daughter!