12.01.2010

** a little help for someone in the giving mood **

I have a small predicament that I would like some input on.

Jason works with a lady, who could not get pregnant therefore they adopted a little girl.  They adopted this girl, years before we knew them.  Since then they have gotten pregnant two times.  Last year around this time they had a little boy.  I went to GAP and bought him 2 outfits, because her husband had just lost his job and she is the only income, as a credit union teller.  And I like to buy clothes for babies!  About a month ago they had another baby, a girl.  They were obviously not expecting either of the pregnancies and now have 3 children and still only one income.  When they had their last baby, we were super busy with school and work that it slipped my mind to buy the new baby something.

When I went shopping on Black Friday GAP was having an amzing sale, so I bought an outfit for each of her children for Christmas.  It was like $35 for all 3 outfits!  I figured that I could say, I wanted to get the baby something and didn't want to leave the others out.

Oldest Girl - I didn't get a top to go under the sweater yet, because I was silly and forgot.
Does that look okay for a girl about 5?



Boy about 1.5 years, these aren't the exact pants, they are black corduroys, but this helps.



Baby about 2 months old



Photographs courtesy of www.gap.com

Predicament:  Does this sound rude?  As if I think that they are poor and need gifts from other people to make their Christmas better?  Or does it seem logical?

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated .. Thank You

3 comments:

payton said...

Super cute outfits! Its a nice gesture & I'm sure they appreciate all the 'help' they can get. Its the small things, girl! They will love it & be sooo grateful! Xoxo, payton

jess said...

No way lady, I don't think it is rude at all. Christmas is all about giving afterall! And the children will learn that giving to others is an amazing thing any human can do. You have a good heart to help them out, especially around this time of year.
You are doing the right thing!! I will keep them in my prayers that their father finds a job!

P.S. Those are adorable outfits!! :)

Lauren said...

It's Christmas. No one is going to feel guilty if you give them a present. All they're going to think is that you don't have any other babies/kids to buy for and wanted to be nice to their kids.