12.22.2010

** .. tis the season .. for birthdays .. **


December 16th my BABY brother turned 13!


He unwrapped each present before he opened a single box.


I opted for practical gifts this year instead of frivolous gifts.
A nice new pair of brown shoes, a black leather belt and boxers from American Eagle.
The kid is in love with boxers, makes me chuckle.


Dad checking to see if they fit his big feet ok.  
Size 12, he has bigger feet than my dad and Jason!


Alex used my paper to wrap her gift.  
A Nike dri-fit shirt and Nike shorts.


We love each other so :) 


This picture just makes me smile :) 
I lvoe my brother and sister ! 


Decemebr 21st my momma turned 47 ! 


We got her a wii fit and an assortment of other random things she loves.


On another note, my grandma passed away on January 6th, 2006.  
She kept a journal for the last year and wrote nearly everyday.  
I have wanted to type it up that way each family would have a copy of their own.  
I started in May of 2009, after my grandpa passed and we got the journal.  
It was too tough to read and I put it in the closet until just last night.  
I randomly decided to get it out and start working on it slowly.  
Well I got started and couldn't stop!
I started around 1 am and finished at 6:01 am.  
I cried a lot and had to make my way through the tears to continue reading.
I laughed some as well.
It made me happy to see the days she wrote that I had come to visit or spend the night (which wasn't often and that made me sad).    
It ended up being about 35 pages, with mulitple entries on each page, as she only wrote a little bit each day.  

I sent it to my sister and asked her to proof read it.  
She replied, I fixed it, put a picture of my mom and grandma on it, took it to Office Depot and had it printed on nice paper with a clear cover and a black back.  
Only cost me $8.41!  
I was going to give it to my mom for Christmas but got anxious and gave it to her today.  
She didn't really respond, I think she was surprised and happy, just caught off guard.
My goal is to get a picture of each of the other 5 kids with my grandma and make each one unique.  Then give it to them on January 6th, as it will be 5 years.    

So much for my (semi) wordless Wednesday! 

1 comment:

Aunt Jen said...

Beautiful KT! And I am sure your mom will appreciate the gift but she probably felt like you did at first. Maybe she will have to put it away for awhile and then revisit it. You are a very caring and kind young lady and we all love you so much! I will miss you at Christmas :( But we all knew the day would come, you guys are all growing up :( but :)