2.05.2011

**.. duct tape .. fixes .. everything ?! ..**

Jason and I flew to Washington state for Christmas.  On our way home we boarded our plane to see the fan/light panel hanging down.  It was early in the morning and we just wanted to go home so we didn't say anything.  About two minutes before take off a flgiht attendent "just" noticed it.  All 3 had passed multiple times and it was pretty ovbious.  She asked us if we thought it was a problem and we said, it's fine.  She said we'll duct tape it.  Alrighty then, take me back to my high school redneck days, where duct tape fixes everything.  She came back and did this.  


Well .. we didn't think anything of it .. mostly because we were tired and didn't even care anymore at that point.  Another flight attendant came to look over half way through the flight and changed the tape to this 
..


The original duct tape had taped the oxygen panel shut.  At that point I was dying.  How did they not notice this in the first place?  And how did they not make sure it was taped correcctly?  We made it home safely and never said anything but the more I look at the pictures the more I think it should be brought to someone's attention.   What would you do?

4 comments:

jess said...

Honestly?

I would send those pictures into the airline you flew with, because that is crappy!!!! First of all your oxygen masks come from up there, that could have easily been blocked or caused a problem if something happened.

*sigh* airlines.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaitlin! Thanks for following my blog. I love getting to know my followers, and I always try my best to follow their blogs back as well. I plan on going all the way back to the begining of your blog to catch up. Don't be shy at all! :)

kaitlin johnston said...

Candice - i CANNOT find my way back to your blog .. when i click on your picture it will only take me to your profile page and it doesnt give me a link .. im so confused !

Anonymous said...

I had it disabled for awhile today because my marine found it..and there's surprises on him i wrote about that I don't want him to know. It's back now, but I may disable it every now and then, just keep checking! :)