2.09.2011

**.. taxes ..**

Today I skipped my second class to go get my taxes done at H&R Block.  Jason went a couple weeks ago and suggested this lady, with 41 years of eperience, to me.  (That's almost as old as my parents but who's keeping track!)  She was very nice and helpful.  There is some thing for college students where you can get up to $2500 back.  The catch is that you have to pay extra to get it.  I was only allowed to get $290 (from this school part) back and I decided to go ahead and do it BUT it cost me $140.  I guess we take the good with the bad.  I don't think it's fair to make us pay more for what is already ours though. Am I out of line ?! 

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Oh man, that's a bummer. Have you ever thought about doing your own taxes? I guess it totally depends on how complicated yours are, but we do ours through turbo tax. Before I was married, when I only had one job to write down and that was all, so I just used the paper in the post office. :)