2.07.2011

** .. wings etc ..**

I used to work at a little place called Wings ETC ... last year for like 6 - 8 months.  It (to me) is a less slutty form of HOOTERS and similar to Buffalo Wild Wings.  I am not a huge wing eater, I like them and I think that they are good, but I don't really care whose are best.  I enjoyed my job there for the most part, but the drama got to be a little too much for me and the money wasn't coming in like it needed to be.  I got burnt out from being there all of the time and I quit.  I left on good terms and haven't thought of going back, not even to eat, until tonight.

They give out a military discount which is 50% off the service members meal (awesome!).  So we used to go quite often and had just quit.  We went tonight and the service was horrible.  There were a few new girls and some girls I had worked with.  They were pretty busy when we got there but it's no excuse to leave a table sitting without being addressed for 10 -15 minutes.  Finally a waitress came over and didn't even recognize me at first (my hair is quite a bit darker now) but we had talked a lot when I worked there and I loved her!

Finally our actual waitress (another girl I had worked with before) came over and said that she had just gotten a second DUI (she got the first one in June or July).  So 2 in less than 8 months, I was dying.  If she gets charged with it she will lose her job at Wings ETC ... If you can't be a waitress what kind of job can you get with a felony?!

All in all we had a good night, we went with another couple and got to chat quite a bit.  We were there for nearly 3 hours all because they couldn't figure out who was supposed to wait on us, our food took forever and from the time we got done eating to when we got our bill was at least 45 minutes.  Not exaggerating a bit.

Needless to say I am glad I don't work there anymore but i will probably go back and *hope* for better service!

No comments: