2.08.2011

**.. refund ..**

I am the child of a Disabled American Veteran.  For that I recieve some money for schooling.  This past semester we also found out that my dad can get the Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits and share them with us.  Here is were the confussion begins.  You cannot 'double dip' into both of them, you can only use one at a time and it goes by year instead of semester.  You would think that a lady whose job is DEVOTED to taking care of this would know all of the aforementioned information and help a sister out.

I went into her office in October and asked what needed to be done.  She filled out all of this paper work and submitted it.  I said, "Shouldn't we wait until next semsester, becasue I have already paid my tuition this semester and it's just a waste to do it now."  Her response, "Oh yah, that would be dumb to use it now."  It was this whole thing that had to be called and cancelled.  She said just e-mail me in December and I'll file it for next semester.

So I e-mailed her in early December (she has a habit to forget things so I e-mail her often).  Well she filed them in the middle of Decmeber while I was still taking class for the fall semester.  A week ago I got an e-mail saying that I owe $1908 for tuition and fees from the FALL semester.  That had been over and done with since August.

To make things even better, I wrote an essay in the Fall for a scholarship and I got it.  So now I am trying to find that money too.  I had to go to my college and go back and forth between the financial-aid office, the Bursar office and the registar office.  I knew what needed to be done but not one person handles all of it and for some reason they could not figure it all out.

I finally got a check and I think I should have gotten more but if everything else was settled correctly (fingers crossed) then I'll take it.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Hey girl it's Candice from A small town girl loving a Marine. You were following my blog, but some how I accidently deleted it. I'm in the process on making my new blog; please follow the new one! :) Thank you so much!