2.15.2011

**.. weekend review/ Day 6 ..**

This weekend I stayed at my parents since they were out of town.  My sister came home from school, so we decided to have a weekend of games! 

We made a pact to play an entire game of Monolpoly and we played until my brother mortgaged himself out and Alex and I owned nearly the same amount of places and just added up how much we had.  She beat me by like $1000.  It was fun and did not take forever! 


Alex and her pooch Daphne


Playing Scategories .. basically our favorite game ! 


Alex went to dinner with her boyfriends family on Saturday night so Jack and I played Yahtzee .. notice I had 6 YAHTZEE's in one round and 4 two rounds later .. I haven't had that many in my entire Yahtzee playing days total !  I don't even know if that is technically allowed but we let it slide .. because it was AWESOME!


We played some card games, GOLF, 2-man euchure, war and speed.  Didn't get pictures of everything and the ones I have are kind of blurry (camera phone).  
Great, relaxing weekend!

Haven't heard anything today.  I know he only had one appointment, tomorrow and Thursday are the all day appointments.

*praying*

:) 

2 comments:

karen said...

Hi Kaitlin
thanks for your comment. I know that post came out of nowhere ... I have been dithering about what to write as my family is pretty private ... and while I have written for pay, I am not someone who has desperately needed to write.
I have been meaning to write about my illness for a long time, and now is as good as any ... not exactly sweet valentine material I suppose.
Interesting you would come to my blog now (From Karie's!, right?) ... my sisters and I are struggling newly with a brain injured family member. My mom was hospitalised for COPD (emphysema) and probably has sustained some loss of functions in her brain as a result of her illness. I wrote about it at a site called "Band Back Together" for more anonymity ... here's one of the links: http://www.bandbacktogether.com/when-your-mom-is-dying-early-121 .

I must make dinner for three little ones, but am looking forward to poking about on your blog later tonight or tomorrow.

best,

karen

Abra Clampitt said...

oh, what fun! we are also a game-playing family. i can tell you are super close with your family-- i love that you have a description on the side bar of your family. too cute!