1.03.2011

** .. 13 hour work day .. **

Well today I went back to teaching gym.  My first class was 2nd and 3rd grades, I thoguht that it was best to begin with going over the rules and it was.  They still didn't listen, shocking.  Then I had 6th grade, same thing different time.  For lunch we had chicken tenders, french fries, mixed vegetables, appricots, applesauce and chocolate milk .. yummmm!  (I am a sucker for school lunch!)  Then my dad and my sister came up to help me out with a basketball tournament for 7th and 8th grade, my sister reffed and my dad kept score, it was nice to have help!  One kid asked me why I was so much nicer when my dad and sister were there, I responded with, "because you actually listen when other people are here."  I am NOT even mean to these kids and I certainly don't make enough (aka nothing) to deal with their crap!  But I won't lie it really hurt my feelings to hear that, I feel like I do a really good job.  Especially for having no experience with teaching.  Next up was 4th and 5th grades and then I finished the day by teaching Kindergarten and 1st grades.

Ran to my parents house, dropped my brother off, talked to my family for about 20 minutes, got ready and went to bartend for the evening.  We weren't very busy.  I only made $50 in tips, but I do make $8 an hour so it was too bad.  Got out of there a little after 11 and just got home!

That concludes my 13 hour work day.  I BARELY made it home in time to blog for today but I am glad that I did!  I am really enjoying this for the 3rd day in a row!

No comments: