1.30.2011

**.. yoga training ..**

This weekend I attended a YogaFit instructors training course.  I had no idea what to expect and I was kind of nervous.  Our instructor, Shannon, was great.  She was very warm and inviting.  The class started at 8am on Saturday morning, definitely not my thing.  I was exhausted by 10:30 (I was up until 1 the night before studying for my college classes).  So when lunch rolled around at noon we had an hour break and I layed on my mat, on this hard floor and passed out for 30 minutes.  I really needed it.  After class got out last night at 6, we went out to parents to curl since Alex had come home from school and we didn't really get to celebrate dads birthday on friday.  I didn't get home til 1230, homework (for yoga) done by 130 and in bed by 2.  Only to back up at 715.  


In both of the mornings after our introductions and review we had a class session.  I had never actually attended one before.  I had always just followed a Yoga program on television.  Notice the little tea candles on the ground?  She had shut the lights off during relaxation and used those.  It was so neat.  


We got a nice guide and we took turns demonstrating poses.


Yoga blocks, I had never tried one, but my teacher said they are great to use and strongly encouraged.  I tried and it did help with my Half Moon pose.


There were 12 of us that attended this training and quite a few of the girls came with someone they knew.  I was alone, but I feel more comfortable then being with friends (does that make sense?).  I am very nervous to speak in front of people, but I really want to instruct yoga.  I need to get over that fear and this got me started in the right direction.    

All in all it was a great experience, exhausting, but good.  I am glad to have it out of the way.  Once I complete 8 hours of community service by instructing yoga, I will have my teaching certificate.  

No comments: