1.05.2011

** .. b . i . n . g . o .. **

For the past year or so I have been playing bingo occasionally Wednesday nights at a local Legion.  Sometimes my dad or sister go with me and  every once in a while my mom and Austin (Alex's boyfriend goes too).  Jason normally doesn't go because he has to work and that kind of gives us some time alone too.

They hold this Bingo tournament every Wednesday with the Early Bird tournament starting at 6.  We always get there around 5:45 to sit together.  There are about 24 different games and it takes nearly 4 hours to get through all of them with a couple intermissions and prize give aways.  Each game is worth $50 - $100 and it costs $25 to play ($20 for newbies).  The final coverall game is worth about $650 each week.

Usually when we go we agree to split what we make to increase our odds.  Tonight me and dad agreed to share our winnings and Alex and Austin agreed to share their winnings.  Well Alex hit a $50 pot early on and that was it for our luck tonight.  There were 70 people there tonight which is quite a bit for this little place.  We had a good time though and I got to spend time with my sister and her boyfriend before they go back to college for the Spring Semester.  I always miss them when they go.

I also always try to get my dad to come with me because I think that it is good for him, since he has the TBI.  He struggles sometimes but I like to think that it helps and it gives us some time together.

So for all of you who always wonder about my bingo adventures, there it is!

No comments: