1.10.2011

** .. yes or no (to a tv) .. **

Jason has been dying to get a smaller television for our bedroom for months.  We finally went to Best Buy tonight to look at tv's tonight.  While we were looking someone came up to help us of course and Jason said he wanted a 50" tv.  Our tv now is 40", to me that seems like a bigger tv.  Did I miss something?

Then of course the lady helping us suggested a 55" LCD for $899.  I don't know about you but I am a full time college student who is hardly comfortable with my living situation.  A $899 television is not in my budget right now.  On top of that I don't think that 2 tv's is necessary at this point in time.

Now if he wants to buy it on his own should he just do it?  Even though I am patiently waiting on a ring, that he swears won't be affected by this purchase.

3 comments:

jess said...

Eh, a guy will do it if he wants to. May be he already bought your ring :)

If I was in your situation I would not do it, but I am not you..you two do need to make that decision together. That is a huge purchase!

Mama Bear said...

I would say let him get his t.v. I find that with a busy lifestyle, and the military sometimes laying in bed and half watching HGTV is such a great way to relax. Also he wants a nice manly t.v. and you want a nice ring. So if you hamper his t.v. buying skills.....will it make him not really care to buy you a ring, or to put full effort into buying a ring? Every deployment I get my hubs something awesome when he makes it back. This last time....he got 61" of t.v. goodness. It is cool, but he sits and drones in front of it all the time. But he is a happy boy....and for our anniversary, I got Tiffany's. If he is hesitant on getting engaged I wouldn't hamper his t.v. buying because he might hold back on the ring then.

Good luck though...

Morgan said...

Guys are so funny!