1.13.2011

**.. thankful thursday ..**

My first Thankful Thusday.


I am thankful for a lot of things in my life, my family, boyfriend, friends, job, the opportunity to go to school, having saved enough money to pay off my car when I bought it (NO car payments!), having nice things, having a warm home, the list goes on and on.  I guess this is the opportunity to show our appreciation and gratitude for these things, which I so seldom hear from people.


My facebook status last night was, 
".. it seems like all people do on facebook is complain .. are there any positive/happy people out there ?! .. **"  
Which is not a complaint (I was accoused of that), just a thought.  


I know nearly all of these people as good friends and all they ever do is complain about goinging out and getting drunk and how horrible it ended up being.  The same guys they date and go back to over and over are still screwing them over .. MOVE ON!  They have crappy friends who betray their trust then turn around and tell them the world and their 'friends' do the same thing again. I know it's hard to let people go, but you need to.  (P.S. I am college student, so of course this is all people care about right now.)


Maybe I need to rethink who my friends are?  Do I want to be friends with such negative people that complain all of the time?  I don't go out and drink anymore at all because I'm in a new place in my life.  I want to focus on school, work and making my life better with my boyfriend and family.  I want to be dependable not hungover.  


By no means are things perfect in my life.  I struggle daily with a dad that has a TBI and no answers.  He is in and out of meetings and tests all of the time.  They just found out last week that he may not be able to drive anymore now too.  We don't sit around and wait for answers to show up on our door step, we are taking the necessary actions to move forward.  


There are bigger things to worry about and more people need to realize how good their lives are and be thankful for that.  This is your life.  Things won't be handed to you, but what will you do to make it better?

No comments: