1.28.2011

**.. happy birthday ..**

Today my dad turned .. 48!  He's been through a lot in these 48 years.  Today I taught and Jack had school.  After school we went to get cards (I already bought the gift).  Alexandria had a test that lasted until 6:15 so she just got home and my mom had to work til about 9.  While we were at walmart we got dad a cake (but he's on a diet, so he can't eat any).  He's not much of a cake eater anyway.  For me it's all about the candles!  




My brother picked out the cake because he will most likely eat it alone.  It's a Reese's cake.  

After we sang happy birthday, we went out to the pond.  My dad and brother set up a curling area on the ice.  It's pretty darn neat.  We use milk jugs, filled with water and froze.  Each team has 4 jugs (4 are spray painted red to tell whose is whose).  You take turns shooting and the one closest to the "button" scores one.  Of course my hands were frozen so I didn't get any pictures but I will try to get some soon! 

Oh by the way we got my dad a weather gauge, he said it's the only thing he wanted and a massage chair type thing, which he will love.   

No comments: