1.02.2011

** .. new years resolution .. **

I decided last night that one of my new year's resolutions for 2011 would be to blog more frequently.  Blogging for me is like a journal, where I write quite a bit at once then let it go for a while, then come back and write another big post to catch up, and no one likes that.  It's a pain to read and even to write.  Therefore I would like to better my blog and allow my readers to follow my journey through life one day at a time, instead of weeks or months at a time.  I am very excited and hope that I can manage to keep up with it!

Tonight I waited tables.  I made about $70, which isn't too bad for 5 1/2 hours of work.  All of my customers were polite, which helps a ton!

I have waited on this particular group of 6 since I began working here, about 6 or 7 years ago, nearly every Sunday night.  It is 2 couples and 2 other ladies, all of the 4 ladies are sisters and the one couple Moe and Marlene were close friends to my Granda Jim and Grandma Ruth.  Anyway, tonight 5 of them came in, minus one husband and I asked where he was?  They looked at me and looked down, finally Moe said that he had passed away.  (I have been on vacation and had family Christmas's the past few Sundays so I haven't been around recently, I obviously hadn't heard).  I felt horrible and the wife looked like she was going to cry and I apologized.  I have never felt so bad in my life.  They could not have been any better about it though and I am extremely grateful!

Other than that it was a great night, I brought home chicken gizzards and wings to share with my brother.  Everyone else was in bed, they went gambling today!  I am staying at parents house tonight because I go back to my gym teaching tomorrow.  Hopefully the kids aren't too crazy from Christmas Break!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

So excited to read more of your blog! You're adorable! :) How sad about that lady's husband passing away, but that is really neat that you have that same group week after week. I'm sure she understands that stuff like that is going to happen.

Happy New Year! Have a great day back to teaching tomorrow!

jess said...

Yay! I am so happy you will be blogging more, you will get so many more followers and comments :) and that only makes you want to blog more.

I am so sorry about that ladies husband, but at least she knows he is thought of..